Tequila is one of the most popular types of liquor in the US and it is, of course, one of the key ingredients in the famous frozen margarita. Do you know everything you need to know about Tequila. See if you know the answer to the following 7 questions.
- What is tequila made from?
Tequila is made from the blue agave plant of Mexico.
- What part of the Agave plant is used to make tequila?
Tequila is made from just the heart of the Agave plant. The leaves are removed and then the heart, which weighs over 100 pounds, is cooked to remove the sap.
- Where is Tequila made?
Tequila must be made in Mexico in order to be able to carry that name.
- Are Mezcal and Tequila the same thing?
No, Mezcal is a lower quality version of Tequila.
- Is the worm at the bottom of a Tequila bottle high in alcohol?
Trick question, there is no worm in a Tequila bottle. The worm at the bottom of the bottle is found in some Mezcals.
- Are there any health benefits to Tequila?
Yes, a chemical in Tequila helps to break down dietary fat and lower cholesterol. A shot of Tequila after dinner could improve your health, just do not get carried away.
- Is Tequila is made from 100 percent Blue Agave?
The good stuff is but lesser brands can be cut with corn syrup and are known as Mixto.